The 2014-2015 KAPS Legislative Committee will focus on advancing the practice of pharmacy in Kentucky, and at a national level through student support of advocacy activities. Our goals for the year are to see the modernization of collaborative care agreements amongst practitioners in Kentucky, and to promote pharmacist provider status under Medicare Part B at a national level. Both of these initiatives will improve and expand upon previous initiatives, though we are always looking for new ways to help promote the profession of pharmacy. Our committee impacts the college by helping students learn their role as a pharmacist, and improving the ways they can practice once becoming licensed practitioners. We are always looking for new and exciting ways to advocate for pharmacy, so please feel free to send suggestions and express your interest in getting involved with the committee.
1. What year in pharmacy school are you? I am a PY2.
2. Where did you do your pre-pharmacy work? I did my pre-pharmacy work at the University of Kentucky.
3. How many years in undergrad? I completed my undergrad in three years.
4. What got you into pharmacy and what are your pharmacy Interests?
I worked at an independent pharmacy back in high school, and I never stopped asking questions so once my questions couldn’t be answered anymore I figured I better go to school to find out. My interests consist of Emergency Medicine and Ambulatory Care.
5. What’s your favorite thing about KAPS?
My favorite thing about KAPS is all the opportunities the students have throughout the year to volunteer.